Information related to the GIS course launch on Wednesday 18th May 2022
Summary table of the status of Pacific Island countries in relation to International and Regional conventions.
Focusing management efforts on thermal refugia may only be effective in the short-term. Promoting adaptation to higher temperatures and facilitating migration will instead be needed to secure coral reef survival.
The study indicated that the sampling locations at an industrial site of Suva City is highly predominated with almost all of the studied metals and is a concern to the general public who live and work within the vicinity of Walu Bay industrial area.
Assessing the water quality of Suva foreshore for the establishment of estuary and marine recreational water guidelines in the Fiji Islands
At present in the Fiji Islands, no guidelines are available only for biological parameters for receiving water bodies commonly used for recreational activities. The ANZECC (2000) guidelines recommend the use of Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Enterococci (Faecal Coliforms) as indicator organisms for fecal contamination of fresh and marine recreational water. This study compiled results for 3 biological parameters, namely, Total Coliforms (TC), E. coli and Faecal Coliforms (FC) at 3 sites in Fiji, namely; My Suva park, Wailea settlement and Centre Point.
Module 3 of the Inform E-learning GIS course
By the end of this module, you should be able to have some basic understanding of
- What a GIS is?
- Understand the key components and functions of a GIS
- Understand how spatial data is represented in a GIS.
- Understand how data are stored and accessed to use in mapping
At the end of this module we hope that you will understand the
- steps of downloading and installing QGIS software on your computers?
- Be able to open up GGIS and familiarize yourself with the software interface and
- Know how to add both vector and raster data to QGIS
- Layout manager and Map Composer
- Basic Map Composition
- Loading Map Elements
- Exporting the Map
- Saving and Closing Project
Concept Note and Agenda